Good Intranet Design Examples to Guide Your Strategy
Intranets have become an essential tool for organizations to improve internal communication, collaboration, and productivity. A well-designed intranet can streamline processes, provide easy access to information, and foster a sense of community among employees. SharePoint, a popular platform for intranet development, offers a range of features and customization options to create a tailored solution for your organization’s needs.
Benefits of SharePoint Intranet
SharePoint is a powerful platform that offers numerous benefits for intranet development:
- Centralized Information: SharePoint allows you to store and organize documents, files, and other important information in a centralized location, making it easily accessible to employees.
- Collaboration: SharePoint enables seamless collaboration among team members, allowing them to work on documents simultaneously, track changes, and provide feedback.
- Customization: SharePoint offers a wide range of customization options, allowing you to tailor your intranet to match your organization’s branding and specific requirements.
- Integration: SharePoint integrates with other Microsoft tools and applications, such as Office 365, Outlook, and Teams, making it a seamless part of your organization’s digital ecosystem.
- Security: SharePoint provides robust security features, ensuring that sensitive information is protected and accessible only to authorized personnel.
Good Intranet Design Examples
When designing your intranet, it can be helpful to look at examples of well-designed intranets for inspiration. Here are some good intranet design examples to guide your strategy:
Microsoft’s own intranet, known as “MSW” (Microsoft Web), is a great example of a well-designed and user-friendly intranet. It features a clean and modern design, with easy navigation and intuitive search functionality. The intranet provides employees with access to a wide range of resources, including news, documents, and collaborative tools.
Coca-Cola’s intranet, called “Coke One,” is another excellent example of a well-designed intranet. It focuses on simplicity and ease of use, with a clean and visually appealing interface. The intranet provides employees with access to company news, documents, and a variety of tools and resources to support collaboration and productivity.
IBM’s intranet, known as “IBM Connections,” is a comprehensive platform that combines social networking, collaboration tools, and knowledge sharing. The intranet features a modern and visually appealing design, with personalized dashboards and customizable widgets. It provides employees with access to a wealth of resources, including blogs, forums, and communities.
4. General Electric
General Electric’s intranet, called “GE Connect,” is a prime example of a well-designed intranet that focuses on employee engagement and communication. The intranet features a visually appealing design, with a prominent news feed, employee profiles, and a variety of tools and resources to support collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Starbucks’ intranet, known as “My Starbucks Idea,” is an innovative and engaging platform that encourages employee participation and idea sharing. The intranet features a visually appealing design, with a focus on user-generated content and collaboration. It provides employees with the opportunity to submit ideas, vote on suggestions, and engage in discussions.
Outsourcing SharePoint Development
Developing a SharePoint intranet requires expertise and technical knowledge. Outsourcing SharePoint development to a specialized agency can offer several advantages:
- Expertise: SharePoint development agencies have a team of experienced professionals who specialize in SharePoint development. They have the knowledge and skills to create a customized intranet that meets your organization’s specific requirements.
- Cost Savings: Outsourcing SharePoint development can be more cost-effective than hiring an in-house team. You can save on recruitment, training, and infrastructure costs.
- Time Efficiency: SharePoint development agencies have streamlined processes and can deliver your intranet within a shorter timeframe compared to building it in-house.
- Ongoing Support: A SharePoint development agency can provide ongoing support and maintenance for your intranet, ensuring it remains up-to-date and functioning smoothly.
A well-designed intranet can significantly enhance internal communication, collaboration, and productivity within an organization. SharePoint offers a range of features and customization options to create a tailored intranet solution. By looking at good intranet design examples and considering outsourcing SharePoint development, you can ensure that your intranet strategy is effective and successful.